“Anyone who tells you fatherhood is the greatest thing that can happen to you, they are understating it.”
-- Actor Mike Myers
Father’s Day Is A Great Day! We can pretty much ask for anything and do whatever we want – waffles and bacon for breakfast; play golf; stay for a drink after the round; come home and watch golf guilt free* and eat dinner without having to help with the dishes. PERFECT!
Of course, there are 364 other days of the year that are pretty perfect as well. Those are days when you are just plain old Dad, Daddy or Papa – Grandpa, Granddad or Poppy
While there is only one Father’s Day a year, every day – well, almost every day – is a great day to be father. Here are Ten Things I Love About Being A Dad. (Yes, I know there are hundreds.)
- Children love to play – and so do I.
- You never know what your children (or grandchildren) are going to say, which certainly keeps you on your toes.
- No matter how old you are or how old your children are, you will always be “Dad.”
- A Dad can solve a lot of problems with ice cream.
- Big hugs. Long hugs. Any kind of hug.
- No-work-all-play family trips.
- I am lousy dancer, but my two girls still tell me that, “You have the beat.”
- Unconditional, no-question love that will last as long as I do.
- There is nothing better than hearing your children laugh.
- I have learned as much from my children as they have learned from me.
*This year we will be watching the RBC Heritage in Hilton Head, SC, instead of the U.S. Open at Winged Foot, but that is MUCH BETTER than no golf!
Dads, enjoy YOUR DAY and treasure your children each and every day.